Visa procedure for tourist in Nepal is a pretty simple and easy task. Department of Immigration has been facilitating tourists flying to Nepal by providing Visa on Arrival. ‘On Arrival’ visa procedure is very quick and simple. Visas obtained on Arrival at the Entry and Exit points are ‘Tourist Visas’.
They bear multiple Re-entry facilities. However, you must change the category of visa as per your purpose and length of stay in Nepal from Department of Immigration by producing required documents. A valid passport for at least six months and a recent passport size photo will be required.
Tourist Visa Fee: Please Visit
- For 15 days: US$ 30 or equivalent convertible currency.
- For 30 days: US$ 50 or equivalent convertible currency.
- For 90 days: US$ 125 or equivalent convertible currency.
To Apply for Tourist Visa, please go here
But nationals from Iraq, Afghanistan, Ghana, Somalia, Nigeria, Ethiopia, Cameroon, Swaziland, Palestine, Zimbabwe, Ethiopia, and Liberia cannot secure the Nepalese Visa upon arrival. Nationals of designated countries are requested to acquire Visa prior to their arrival from their nearby Diplomatic missions (Embassies/consulates) of Nepal Government.
Free Visa (Gratis Visa):
Gratis Visa or Free Visa is issued free of cost under following visa applicants categories:
1. Children under 10 years
2. Up to 1 month for SAARC(South Asian Association for Regional Co-operation) Citizen (except Afghanistan) is getting visa on arrival for the first time in a Visa Year.
3. Chinese Nationals
Note: Officials from Brazil, Russia, China and Thailand, not needed entry visa based on reciprocal visa waiver agreement.
Diplomatic Visa to Nepal:
After getting a visa from Nepalese Diplomatic Missions, you must enter Nepal within 6 months from the issued date of a visa. Once you enter the land of Himalayas – Nepal, your total stay is counted.
1. Extension of Tourist Visa completed for minimum 15 days (USD 45) and USD 3 per day for additional days.
2. For delay, less than 150 days, late fine additional USD 5 per day are charged.
For further info please visit – Department of Immigration-: www.nepalimmigration.gov.np